- Boil 2 cups farro in 4 cups of salted water for 20 minutes.
- Drain, rinse in cold water, and set aside.
- Chop leaves of kale into small pieces and massage with olive oil to soften.
- Chop a cucumber into very small pieces.
- Combine farro, kale, and cucumber with some sunflower seeds and cranberries in large bowl. Coat with some olive oil.
- Make dressing by combining 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar and 1 tbsp honey.
- Dress salad and season with salt as needed. Makes 6 servings.
We roast a lot of chickens in our house. That sounded violent. Let me say it another way. Perhaps a nice roasted chicken with a side of veggies for dinner?
We do this often because it's actually really easy. It makes the house smell great, and you get really useful leftovers.
My approach, in sentence form: Put fennel, multi-colored carrots, broccoli, or other root vegetables under a dry chicken in a baking dish. Bake at 475 for around an hour. The veg act as a rack as well as making the whole thing a one-pan dish.